Blogger

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Adventures In Gaming: Story of Seasons- Tips for New Players


I thought I'd make a list of things to do for beginners who have just started playing the game. 

  • Save a lot!  I usually save before going to bed at the end of the day.
  • Save scumming-  This is something I do practice.  I try to only save before diving into the rivers and I plan to save before I mine (when I unlock the safari).
  • When you dive into the rivers you'll find six items in each river, daily.  So just keep swimming!  :)
  • As soon as you can, make a second fridge and storage box (maybe material bin, too later on).  You're gonna need it for all the hoarding you're gonna need to do.  You can access all the stuff in both fridges from either fridge.  Also, you can put your storage and material boxes/bins anywhere on your farm with the "edit farm" mode.  I think your fridges have to stay inside the house, though.
  • Upgrade your bag as soon as you can.  Makes hoarding throughout the day so much easier.  Otherwise you're having to go back to your house at least once a day to put the stuff away out of your bag.  
  • Jump on rocks and hedges.  Sometimes goodies will pop out! 
  • Befriend Eda and see her three events before Winter day 1.
  • Befriend Otmar.


And now, things to hoard:

  • Save 5 milk
  • Save 5 turnip seeds
  • weeds
  • twigs
  • all building materials in general
  • I, personally, save 10 of each crop and produce from my animals just in case.  
  • Butterflies for gifts for Eda and Otmar.


***I might be adding more to these lists later on.  This is just what I could think of off the top of my head.   

For when you unlock the field conquests:  I couldn't find anything on the internet to explain which fields are which, so I walked to each field in the game and made notes and drew up this key guide.  I hope it helps.  :)


Here's the original size of the pic on my deviant art page "Story of Season Field Key"

And now for the links I use the most for this game:  


If you have any tips to add to this, please comment below.  I'm sure I'm missing some that I may not even know about yet.  I'd love to hear from y'all!  :)


:::Currently Playing:::
Story of Seasons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace ☮ Love ❤ & Happiness :-)