Blogger

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Swiss Cheese Memory

As someone with swiss cheese memory issues (due to my mind blocking out quite a bit of my childhood- some memories have come back to me), I find it hard to try to find memories to look back on when I think of my father and grandfathers who have passed away.  I'll remember a tiny bit of a memory and then the rest of it is blank and it drives me nuts!

As an adult I only have memories of my maternal grandfather, so when it comes to my father and my paternal grandfather all I really have are bits and pieces of childhood memories.  It sucks, really.

Like I remember my dad used to play Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" on his acoustic guitar for my brother and I.  I remember seeing him sitting down on the bed with the guitar in his hands, but I can't remember hearing the chords of the music.  Argh, it's so frustrating!

xoxo,
~Mouse~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peace ☮ Love ❤ & Happiness :-)